Luciana Val and Franco Musso first met while studying at the Fine Arts School in Buenos Aires. Straight after graduating, they took part in several art exhibitions. It was at that time when Val and Musso’s interest turned to photography. They were soon introduced to the fashion world and began shooting both editorial and advertising in Buenos Aires, where they quickly became known for their unique style.
Val and Musso moved to Paris in 2002. After winning the 19th Festival à Hyères in 2004, they started working in advertising and for leading fashion magazines such as 10, Harper’s Bazaar, Italian Vogue, Japanese Vogue, Numéro, Numéro Tokyo, Russian Vogue, The Sunday Times, The New York Times, Vanity Fair UK, Vogue Turkey and V Magazine.
Their client list includes: Bergdorf Goodman, Cartier, Chanel, Dior Joaillerie, Dom Perignon, Givenchy, Gucci, Kate Spade, Lancôme, Lanvin, L’Oréal, Le Printemps, Louis Vuitton, Piper by Victor & Rolf, Repetto, Roger Vivier and Yves Saint Laurent, among others. They were also commissioned to create the photography for the sixth studio album by French electronic music duo Air.
Their work appears in the following books:
- American A. Paripé Books, 2017.
- Dior: New Looks. Harper Design, 2015.
- Hair: Fashion and Fantasy. Thames & Hudson, 2013.
- Louis Vuitton: City Bags. Rizzoli, 2013.
- Louis Vuitton / Marc Jacobs. Rizzoli, 2012.
- Dior Joaillerie. Rizzoli, 2012.
- High Heels: Fashion, Femininity & Seduction. Goliga, 2012.
- Mon carnet d’adresses. Chantal Thomass. Editions du Chêne, 2011.
- Atlas of Fashion Designers. Rockport Editorials, 2010.
- Delvaux: 180 Years of Belgian Luxury. Lannoo Editorials, 2010.
- Babeth. Steidl, 2008.